Goat Chops Recipe
There are different ways of preparing goat meat. Among the many, there is one unique meal known as the goat chops. Its recipe is quite simple and it is quite delicious. As always, when it comes to goat meat, the preparation process differs depending on the culture and tradition of the people involved in the cooking process. One of the most famous recipes for preparing the goat chops is the Indian-Style Simmered Goat Chops. Indian cuisine is quite renowned or its spicy nature.
- One bay leaf.
- One beaten egg.
- Two pounds of goat chops.
- One tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- One medium finely sliced onion.
- One teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- One inch of finely chopped ginger.
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Four tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Three green peppers.
- Four black peppercorns.
- One cup of breadcrumbs.
- Two whole cloves.
- Season the chops with salt, pepper, and turmeric and set this mixture aside first.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil over medium heat in a pan with a heavy bottom. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and the green peppers and cook that mixture until it is softened but do not wait until it is browned.
- Add the peppercorns and cloves together with the bay leaf. Stir the mixture until it emits some aroma.
- Add the goat chops mixture and cook for about five minutes or at least until browned.
- Add two cups of water, bring it to a simmer and then reduce the heat. Cook for about fifteen minutes.
- Place the egg and the breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Dip the chops in the beaten egg and soak in the breadcrumbs
- Let them form an even layer on the skillet and then turn them over till the crumbs are crispy and browned. Serve hot.