Goat Curry Coconut Milk
Jamaican Goat Curry With Coconut Milk Recipe
There are a lot of ways to prepare and cook goat meat, but perhaps one of the most popular dishes you can make out of goat meat is goat curry with coconut milk. Even this has a lot of varieties, and each dish depends on which ingredients, spices, and herbs are used for the goat curry.
In all the different recipes of goat curry, Jamaican goat curry is the most well-known all throughout the world. It’s a recipe that’s commonly used in restaurants in the United States. Here are the steps to make Jamaican goat curry with coconut milk.
First off, you need to mix the goat meat, salt, black pepper, 4 tablespoons of curry powder, 1 large onion that’s sliced, garlic, and scotch bonnet pepper together. Afterwards, you can place it in the fridge overnight or at least 5 hours to marinade.
Once the marinade is all good, follow these next steps to prepare the Jamaican goat curry with coconut milk.
- Remove the sliced onions and scotch bonnet pepper from the bowl of marinated goat meat and set it aside.
- Heat some cooking oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Place the marinated goat meat in the saucepan and cook it until the meat is brown to seal in juices.
- Once the meat is browned, you can add thyme and 2 cups of boiling water. Afterwards, cover the saucepan with a lid then lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Chop 1 medium onion and add it to the pot along with the sliced onion and scotch bonnet pepper that was set aside earlier at step 1.
- Add 2 cups of boiling water, coconut milk, and bring it to a boil.
- Remove the scotch bonnet pepper and add spices based on your taste. You can also add more curry powder according to your taste.
- Afterwards, add potatoes and tomato ketchup then simmers on a low heat for at least 1/2 hour, or until the meat is falling off the bone.