Goat meat is an excellent delicacy. The goat cannot be cooked whole and the various parts are cooked separately. Goat leg is among the best and it is a favorite for many people. There are various recipes for goat meat. There is one which is an absolute favorite among goat lovers and its recipe will be discussed below.
Slow Roasted Goat Leg with White Wine Potatoes
This delicious meal is quite easy to make. The ingredients are as follows:
- I leg of a goat.
- I tsp of salt.
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 4 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- 6 bay leaves.
- ½ c olive oil.
- 1 finely chopped onion.
- 4-6 med-size potatoes.
- ½ bottle of white wine.
The method for preparation is quite simple and it includes the steps highlighted below:
- Preheat oven to a temperature of about 200 degree Celsius.
- Lightly brown the onions in a pan with some olive oil.
- Add the remaining olive oil, garlic, and salt to the goat leg.
- Place the meat in a deep oven dish having the ay leaves, browned onions & rosemary sprigs.
- Add the potatoes and white wine.
- Cover the dish with foil.
- Put into the oven and leave to cook for about one and a half hours. Then remove foil and the leave meat to cook for an extra thirty minutes until it is brown.
- Serve while hot. It can be served alone or with rice.
Goat meat should be cooked in low temperature due to the fact that is low in fat and thus, if cooked in high temperature it can lose moisture quickly and toughen. When using other methods such as grilling, and frying tender cuts should be chosen. Adding white wine makes the goat meat leaner which is healthier and friendlier to the body.