Goat meat is such a delicacy and it is among the healthiest choices when it comes to the wide variety of red meat available. It is a favorite among many people due to its tender taste. One of the best recipes for cooking meat is the Jamaican goat burns. The recipe is quite easy as discussed below.
- Two tablespoons of ground coriander.
- Two tablespoons of ground cumin seeds.
- Two tablespoons of ground yellow mustard seeds.
- Four tablespoons of turmeric.
- Three tablespoons of chilli flakes.
- Four tablespoons of brown sugar.
- One kilogram of boneless goat shoulder.
- One hundred millimetres of olive oil.
- Ten sweet brioche buns.
- One sliced cucumber.
- One finely chopped red onion.
- One bunch of picked coriander leaves.
- Preheat the oven to temperatures of about 100 to 14o degrees Celsius.
- Mix the chilli flakes, cumin seeds, coriander, mustard seeds, brown sugar, and turmeric together in a bowl. Set these aside first.
- Thoroughly rub goat shoulder w/ olive oil and the spice mix
- Wrap the goat shoulder in baking paper and then foil. Place on roasting tray.
- Roast for 18 hours in the oven.
- Just two hours before the cooking is complete, unwrap the goat and increase oven temperature to about 190 degrees Celsius to make it crisp.
- Take out after cooking and pull the meat apart using either a tongs or a fork. Stir together with the natural juices from cooking, and add seasoning.
- Place the pulled goat meat onto sliced brioche buns and add the onion, cucumber, and coriander leaves.
All herbs should be fresh. All vegetables should be medium-sized and peeled unless otherwise specified. While cooking goat meat the temperature should be low to ensure that the meat does not toughen up.